Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blue Sunday

A bit under the weather today. All the restaurant and theater food over the weekend didn't quite agree with me. Remind me never to eat spicy nachos for dinner again. Well at least the movie last night was totally worth it. I saw this movie called 'Prisoners'. It's a suspense thriller and explores the evil which can sometimes erupt in an otherwise moral person when he is faced with extreme circumstances. It was a thrilling movie and I was at the edge of my seat the entire two and a half hours of the movie. I really enjoy suspense whodunits and this one is definitely worth the watch. Both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal have acted superbly. Jake Gyllenhaal especially has turned out to be such a revelation. I loved him in his last movie 'End of watch' as well. In both the movies he plays a policeman but the characters he portrays are so very different from each other. In Prisoners there are hints of the troubled past of detective Loki but it is only evident in his controlled aggression and tattoos on his fingers and neck. I could almost imagine that he wasn't always on the right side of the law. Both Loki and Keller Dover, Hugh Jackman's character are desperate to find the missing girls but they take two different paths. While Loki relies on good old fashioned police work and evidence; Dover goes with his gut. During the whole movie it was very tough to decide if Dover is justified in what he does or has he taken things way too far. If you love a good mystery don't miss out on this one.

A building caught fire today on Sheikh Zayed Road and there was a cloud of smoke billowing upwards to the sky. I hope no one was hurt. 

No comments: