Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sugar

So there were two birthdays in office today so I've already had two slices of cake which means my sugar levels will go through the roof. I need to get a blood test tomorrow as I was diagnosed with diabetes about an year ago. I remember I was really distressed when I got to know but since then I've managed to keep my sugar level in check through diet and medication. It's no fun having to pop pills each day of your life, sometimes it can make you feel like you're actually sick but those times are few and far between. I know that if I watch my diet and get some exercise I should be fine. Giving up sugar hasn't been really that difficult for me. I still do eat sweets once in a while but I don't miss it much because fortunately I've never had a sweet tooth.

But exercising each day is another ballgame altogether. I've joined a gym three times and wasted money each time because I usually quit after a month of vigorous exercising. Everyone has a different suggestion but I think I'll stick to walking if only I could get off my couch after the day's work. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

No comments: