Monday, September 16, 2013

Movies and quiz

So yesterday was a pretty tiring day and there was much to do at work. I like such days as they leave you with a satisfying fatigue in your bones. I drove home blasting music in the car as always. Sometimes I like to dance in my seat and if it makes someone smile even better. I made some tea and lovingly poured it in my new mug and when I was all settled down on the couch I realised that I hadn't connected the hard disk to the TV so I had to rely on cable for my evening entertainment. My laziness knows no bounds as people who know me will vouch for. There was no way I was going to get up from my couch.




With Ninna by my side I started flipping channels and decided to rent a cheap AED 2 movie on du- The skeleton key. It's supposed to be a horror movie and since I was alone at home I thought why not scare myself a little. Halfway through the movie I wasn't scared even a little bit and the whole hoodoo thing was pretty boring. If you're wondering what Hoodoo is, Wikipedia had this to say "Hoodoo, also known as conjure, and "Voodoo" (which strictly speaking is different in many ways) is a traditional African-American folk spirituality that developed from a number of West African, Native American, and European spiritual traditions."






So I decided to splurge and paid du AED 15 for Ironman 3. Fifteen minutes into the film I got severely bored and couldn't stand Robert Downey Jr getting hyper and sleepless about everything. Having wasted AED 17 by now I decided to watch 'Sense and sensibility' for the second time. Sometimes I watch a whole movie just to get to that one beautiful scene. In this case the film ends beautifully when Elenor literally bursts into tears having bravely kept her emotions in check all throughout the film when she realises that Edward is not married. It moves me and I watched the whole film to see it even though I was ready to fall asleep.

Anshuman returned from a quiz that he participated in along with two of his friends. They stood second and he came home with a goody bag containing Alpha magazine, a mug, a cute paper wallet, an iPhone 5 case and a wonderful little Swiss army knife which has the cutest little torch. And then the day ended and I fell asleep safe in the warm blanket of the night.

No comments: