Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dream or nightmare?

I dream every night. I guess all of us do. Sometimes you have a dream that seems to speak to you. Your mind wants to say something and sometimes if you're lucky you understand the message. However most of the time I can't make sense of what I see. I find it very interesting and I try to analyse it once in while to no avail. Most of the time it's a distinct emotion that I'm left with when I wake.

This morning was no different. I dreamt as always but the dream was very very interesting. I was in the balcony of the highest room on the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. I know it's very mission impossible but hang on, stay with me. Slowly a crane lowers on to the balcony and there is a swing hanging from the hook. I sit on the swing and I'm hanging in mid air seeing the imposing building from an angle that most people would never have seen. I am taken around the building and I'm thrilled to my bones and scared as hell at the same time.

The the crane stops me in mid air. I wait for the crane operator to put me back on the balcony but no. I'm left hanging for the longest time. I grab the ropes of the swing on either side as my hands sweat. All this time I'm thinking to myself that I am strong enough to hold on and not plummet to my death. I wait for what seems like an eternity and the crane moves and deposits me in a very large room which is apparently my new home. I immediately begin to clean and set up the home, moving things around in a way that is pleasing to the eye and practical. Anshuman comes home and begins to help me clear out junk. The home is finally set up and I think to myself,"The trick to not being afraid of heights is to never look down."

Interesting, very interesting. I woke up feeling pretty good and late for work. Dreams I tell you! They're the best.

No comments: