Thursday, May 31, 2012

Phew!

What-a-day! Went through the whole magazine with a magnifying glass. It's tiring and yet so satisfying to see the magazine coming together. Our rockstar designer Rola has done a fabulous job as always. It was Rola's birthday a few days ago and as always there was cake in the office. I love birthdays. I love singing the birthday song and eating cake although sparingly thanks to the diabetes. I'm so sweet it had to happen as Anshuman said when I informed him of my ailment. He's funny though I couldn't take the comment in the 'right' spirit when he said it. Somehow I couldn't see the compliment.

Teresa the fashion editor is going to work freelance and go back to being the stylist for the editorial shoots. We will get a new fashion and beauty editor. I hope it's someone nice. Claudia and I got her a few going away gifts and Teresa released the water works. I will miss her but I'm sure she be coming by the office often. Well dusk is setting in and Chris Martin the man I'm currently completely in love with sings in his amazing honey voice. Songs spoil us somehow I think. They raise our expectations of love and set us up for disappointments sometimes. I mean who can say 'honey' like Chris? No one. Absolutely no one.

It's been a long, tiring and absolutely satisfying day and I thought it deserves a post as the weekend quietly whispers sweet nothings in my ear. Softly it speaks of bubble baths, massages, lazy walks through rows of shops, being behind the wheel of my car, of a sleeping lazy dog, cups of milky tea and easy companionship. Hello Thursday evening!


No comments: