Tuesday, September 23, 2014

White

And yet another selfie in a white dress. Please excuse the expression, I was going for cute but ended up with retarded.

I've always loved white. So pure and pristine and so hard to keep it looking that way when you're a klutz like me but somehow I manage. My love for white dresses began as a teenager. I remember pestering my mother for a frilly white frock till she finally got one stitched from a neighbourhood aunty called 'Sardarni aunty' because she was sikh. Not very creative I know. I think there's a picture of me in it somewhere. I'm standing on a box bed with a guitar in my hands and my friend Sushmita is standing next to me in an identical frilly frock. It's quite funny but I can't seem to find it anywhere- the image not the frock.

At NID I would buy one white churidaar kurta from Bandhej every year. They were very expensive and still are. I recently bought another white one from there on my last trip to Ahmedabad a couple of months ago. Every year for my final jury I would be found dressed in a pristine white churidaar kurta from Bandhej. Now I collect white dresses preferably with pretty lace or embroidery. I've managed to collect quite a few from all over the place. Recently I wore a new one from 'The Shop' in Bombay. (Yes there's a shop called 'The Shop') I asked Anshuman how come he didn't notice my new dress to which he replied,"But you always wear white dresses." I think it's too much to expect him to remember all of them. His normal reaction to one of them is,"Oh Ninna and mamma are dressed the same today!" Sigh...

No comments: