Thursday, July 10, 2014

Some more

So don't bother asking where I've been. Today morning I was making faces in the mirror and I actually started laughing after a while. I took some selfies and caught this funny one I thought I would share. I've been shazaming away and I found some more lovely music I'd like to share with you so here goes...

Is there a ghost by Band of Horses

This one has an interesting, bizarre video which shows a girl stealing people's pillows right from under their head. It all ends up in a pillow fight with goose feathers flying everywhere. I loved it- both the song and the video.

Summer wine by Lana Del Rey

The woman is just so beautiful with a voice to match. The video shows her boyfriend performing the cover of this old favourite by Nancy Sinatra. I like the video much like the rest of her videos done in a home movie kind of treatment.

Seven devils by Florence and The Machine

I couldn't get this one out of my head for days. It haunts you. There's so much grief and anger in the melody. I fell in love with it.

"Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

Holy water cannot help you now
See I've come to burn your kingdom down
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

Seven devils all around me!
Seven devils in my house!
See they were there when I woke up this morning
I'll be dead before the day is done"

Eli by Bosnian Rainbows

Another dark, haunting and rather disturbing song. I think you need to be in a dark place to really absorb it.

"I've been so cruel, mother of mine
I've been so cruel to you
So, why do you smile at me?
I've been away for as long as snow
I've been missing for years
So, why do you smile at me?"


Simple little song about a woman pining for someone. Quite typical really but very sweet nonetheless.

"Are you sleeping through the night?
Do you have someone to hold you tight?
Do you have someone to hang out with?
Do you have someone to hug & kiss you?
Hug & kiss you
Hug & kiss you
Are you all right?"

And that's that. Enjoy.


No comments: