Friday, June 27, 2014

Just some music

So Ramadan begins day after tomorrow and yesterday was the last day of dancing for us until August so off we went to our usual place to shake a leg. But the good people at Maxx forgot to take permission for a DJ to play music. The live band played some nice songs but it just wasn't the same so we decided to try another place called Malekon, a Cuban themed club. It was good fun shaking a leg on the floor but somehow I got really tired by the time it was two in the morning so I took a break and sat at the bar nursing a Cranberry juice watching funny videos on the TV and laughing like a weird person. Thankfully everyone else around me was too inebriated to notice. And that's Ankita sweating it out and totally owning the floor. Can you believe that she'd been suffering from cold, low grade fever and bouts of coughing all day? Dancing all night to music that hits you in the ribs will cure you of a lot of ailments. I highly recommend it. At least once a week, dance!

I've been shazaming away songs on TV and I must say I totally love it. So I thought I'll share some new and old music I've fallen for thanks to Shazam. Here goes

If you could read my mind by Gordon Lightfoot

If you could read my mind love
what a tale my thoughts could tell
just like an old time movie
'bout a ghost from a wishing well

Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes turn to hours?

Avenue by Agnes Obel

What is wrong at the end of the day
What is really wrong no one dares to say

Riverside by Agnes Obel

I walk to the borders on my own
to fall in the river just like a stone
chilled to the marrow in them bones
why do I go here all alone

December by Collective Soul

Turn your head now baby, just spit me out.

The world I know by collective Soul

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
to see the world below
And I laugh at myself
while the tears roll down
cos it's the world I know

Okay that's it for now people! There's more music to be shared but I'll save it for another day. For now enjoy your weekend and remember to dance whenever you feel like it. It doesn't matter if it's in your living room or your car or the changing room or the ladies room or the couch as you thank technology for Youtube!

No comments: