Thursday, November 05, 2015

Winter

You know how it is... sometimes you want to write but you're not sure of what you want to say. Let me just share my pleasure at the arrival of winter once again. Those of us who live in the desert truly cherish these pleasant days and nights. There are smiles everywhere you go. When I go for a walk with the dogs every evening a soft, cool breeze blows. There is a basketball tournament going on next door and people cheer loudly as someone lands one in. The green grass is turning lush slowly and the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and nesting. A dove has made a nest on the branches of the Neem tree outside my window. She has laid her eggs and patiently warms them for hours. Children laugh and run about, playing as the mums look on fondly. I can relax by the bedroom window with a book as the dogs sunbathe and another soft and sunny day goes by.

No comments: