Sunday, November 01, 2015

Miss you already

A stroke of good fortune brought Ankita to Dubai almost three years ago. And it was as if we had never lost touch. And now she's in a designer's haven, Paris and I miss her already. All the Thursday nights we went dancing and got to know the band thanks to her. I miss her effervescence, her joie de vivre, the way she cut onions to precise little pieces and her funky jewellery collection. Arte will not be the same without her. I will miss her everytime I go through all the handicraft stalls. And I'll miss little Ahana running up to me and jumping into my arms with kisses and 'I love yous'. This is the life of expats in Dubai. It's a transitory place and you must adjust to the absence of loved ones.

This is just to say that I wish you all the very best in the city of love. I hope you will settle down well and soon and travel to all sorts of exotic places. Love you to bits and miss you already Onki!

No comments: