Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Just hello

I haven't been here for a while and I miss it. Life is moving on as always. That is the job of life- to move on. The Dubai sun has been particularly cruel these last few days and I think today has been the worst. I went out to have lunch at my usual place and just the task of getting in and out of the car is just horrid. It takes a while to cool down when you get indoors. I try to drink as much water as I can but most of the time I just forget even though the water bottles are kept right in front of me.

I feel an unease these days. I feel like time is passing by quicker than usual even though the days seem to be longer than usual. So long in fact that yesterday I got so sleepy that I think I fell asleep for a few seconds as I was walking towards my car to go home. That's rather dangerous isn't it? And yet time seems to be passing by very quickly and I feel like each day I age about a year. May be the summer is bringing me down. I don't know. I'm not sure.

I was reading the book I've not been writing for the past few years. I liked it. I wanted to write more but I didn't. Instead I thought about things and people who are both quite useless. I should have written instead. I should have thought about the story, a story that aches to be written if only I would look at it with passion. We waste our passions sometimes and it is the saddest thing in the world. Yes it has to be the saddest thing in the world.

No comments: