Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Rushing

If I were to stop and think too much
I may have to wait a long time to grow beyond my years


If I were to think too much
I might miss my childhood when it comes knocking for the second time


If I were to lie to myself out of desperation
I may miss the truth of my yin and your yang


If I were to stop because I’m tired
I may just miss the last bus to the other end of the constellation


If I were to feel ashamed of my lack of grace
I may have to forgo the pleasure of prancing in the rain


If I were to wait for permissions from all parties involved
I may just lose my most precious thought


If I were to wait too long for the sun to come up
I may have to sacrifice my perfect night


If I were advised not to feel too much
I may have to disregard it

No comments: