Monday, May 26, 2014

Home


As I sat in the restaurant at Colombo airport and looked at that beautiful sky I was sad to be leaving this beautiful island. I nursed my last cup of tea in Sri Lanka and looked out at this beautiful view and silently promised myself that I will come back and soon.





I don't think I've ever shopped as much as I did in Lanka. I promised myself not to shop for a very very long time. I got a sari from this lovely designer called Yoland. She does amazing batik work. I'm officially in love with her creations of gorgeous flowing silk lovingly designed. I mean you can see it when someone is passionate about their work. It shows.


Anshuman had his favourite Elephant ginger beer and read 'A prayer for Owen Meany' by John Irving. I remember reading it a long time ago. He's quite an amazing author. If you haven't read this book yet, do pick it up. And now I'm home listening to all my favourite music as I do every morning. I have to unpack everything. It's going to take a while. Ninna and I will be reunited after ten days. I've missed her terribly and I'm truly happy to be home.

No comments: