Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Sweet little lies

So I was listening to the only song by Fleetwood Mac on my playlist. I really like this song in Stevie Nicks' voice. She doesn't say much in the song, simply tells someone to tell her sweet little lies for a day. That seems to be a recurring theme in songs. I remember this song by Cheryl Crow in which she's saying something similar. Sweet lies seem more bearable sometimes than bitter truths. And yet the truth is the truth. It has no imagination while lies can take you on the gossamer wings of imagination to places you've never been. And while the truth may hurt it sets you free and a lie may sound sweet for a while but it will keep you chained to an illusion. If you're smart you will choose the truth every time. The trouble is that people in love invariably lose their smarts and then these songs are born So here are the two songs for the day. Enjoy!
Little lies by Fleetwood Mac


If I could turn the page
In time then I'd rearrange just a day or two
Close my, close my, close my eyes
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for one day to believe in you
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

Strong enough by Cheryl crow


Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave
I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
Just try and love me if you can
Are you strong enough to be my man?

No comments: