Tuesday, June 07, 2016

The bog

After several days of relative quiet or rather quiet mornings, today I had to rush off for a meeting. I had a picture of the board where I was supposed to park. I kept half an hour to get lost and yet I was late because the board had changed to something else. I got there fifteen minutes later than the appointed time and apologised for my tardiness which was thankfully just waved off.

Everything went well and I was my usual vibrant and brilliant self. Then I took a bathroom break and got locked inside the toilet. Literally. I looked up but it wasn't the stall type of loo so I couldn't have climbed into the next stall. I desperately tried to open the door, twisting and turning and cursed myself for not bringing my phone to the toilet but who the heck brings their phone to the toilet? Next time I will, I promised myself. Finally I started banging on the door and called out,"Hello! Hello! Anyone there?" And then after a few minutes of anxiety viola! Someone opened the door from outside. I thanked the lady profusely and rushed back to the conference room. I was so grateful that no one asked why I took such a long time in the bog.

I watched the next episode of Game of thrones. Is it just me or is it getting a bit boring these days?

No comments: