Monday, May 23, 2016

Spending my time

I haven't been here for a while. Like always life took over but honestly there's no excuse for neglecting my blog for so long so I decided to write a little today. Life has been quiet and a good kind of quiet. I work from home and lately have been enjoying researching and writing articles on psychiatry. It is fascinating to get a glimpse into the inner workings of the mind. I always believed mental health is imperative to living a fulfilling life and writing these articles only reinforces that view even further. The most positive thing is that no matter how small or big a mental issue is, if you go out and get help things will get better.

Other than that I have been reading voraciously. I don't seem to have patience for 'serious' reading at the moment so I stick to mystery and thriller books. It's just so exciting when the mystery is about to open up I can hardly get through the last few pages fast enough. It's strange though that sometimes months go by and I don't read a thing and then suddenly I find myself dry swallowing a book on a daily basis. It's the same with painting too. I paint a lot in a sudden burst and then for months a blank canvas stares at me, just waiting for me to pick up a colour. Yes I will get back to it at some point.

The only commitment I will make is that I will write everyday here. I hope I can keep it up for a long long time till procrastination strikes again.


No comments: