Saturday, May 28, 2016

Six Four

So I finally finished reading Career of Evil today and started on a new book called Six Four by Hideo Yokoyama. He has written six books in Japanese and this is the first one to be translated into English. I usually rely on the opinion of friends when I pick up something new but this one intrigued me because it is not only a crime novel, it is also an insight into the society and the police of Japan. It's a really fat book. I really like fat books, so filled with potential. I'm not ashamed to say that sometimes when I find a lot of titles by the same author I tend to pick up the fattest book on the shelf.

I was on the second page when I remembered that I forgot to update my blog today. I went to the Ripe Farmer's Market today and the whole place was buzzing with people. So many children, hopping around, painting, sitting on their dad's shoulders, the really tiny ones walking around like little drunk people. I mean the fact that little children are still trying to balance themselves makes them seem like they've had a few.

Like always I spent most of my time at the second hand books corner but didn't find anything that would have caught my fancy. I bought a necklace after a very long time but it's just so pretty- Citrine stones set in silver. The lady gave me a little gift that I've hung in the house. It is a cluster of green and white crystals and stones and has something to do with Archangel Raphael. She said it would emanate good energies. I certainly hope so. It's such a pretty green.

Everyday I think to myself, I won't have anything to write but then I open up a new post and thankfully the words flow. I hope I can keep going. Wish me luck!

No comments: