Friday, May 27, 2016

In general

There's nothing much to say today. Working freelance has its advantages and disadvantages. You can plan your own time but on the other hand, there are times when there is a boatload of work and other times when things are slow. The good thing about it is that no single day is the same and you get to research and write on a plethora of subjects you might never have considered reading about otherwise.

I'm still reading Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith or JK Rowling as she is actually known. I'm enjoying the book but somehow I liked the second book, Silkworm much more than the first and the third in the series. May be it's because I've read so much about serial killers already that the path this book is taking sounds like JK Rowling read the same articles as I did for her research. I must admit that she's a wonderful writer. I haven't read the Harry Potter books and I have no intention of doing so in the future but she sure is a great crime writer. I've become invested in the future of Cormoran Strike the detective and his partner Robin Elacott. They seem to be in less than happy relationships and yet through the three books haven't got together. To be perfectly honest I'm reading it more to see what's going to happen to them in the end rather than how they're going to catch the killer.

I can't wait to finish it and get on with the next book. I have no patience and this book is taking me forever.

No comments: