Friday, February 07, 2014

Two days

The last two days were so very different from each other. The first one was quiet and I was alone for most of it. I watched Barfi on the telly and remembered why I'd loved it the first time I watched it. I think Priyanka is truly beautiful in Barfi and Ranbir comes across as supremely talented. The brilliant Chaplinesque comedy and background music made me smile. It's such a heartwarming tale, a beautiful love story. I'm such a sucker for romance!


Yesterday was spent sitting across Bee at Caribou Coffee with my feet tucked under me on the sofa. Some guy gave me a dirty look as if I had sullied the sofa for everyone else who would ever sit on it. Ask me if I care. We chatted over coffee and muffin (yes singular) for a long time and then decided to head to Mall of the Emirates. It's the first time I've ever been to two malls in a single day. While coming back Bee guided me to her home. We approached a green signal which started blinking and I hit the brakes so suddenly that the car behind me had to screech to halt too. The guy behind me threw his hands up in the air in frustration. Bee was aghast,"Dude when the green light blinks it means go!!" And I disagreed politely explaining that I was taught in driving school when the green light blinks it means you have to stop. She was still aghast," You can't follow the rules so strictly. The guy behind you is sooo pissed off with you." "Ask me if I care." I replied. We continued on our way and the guy behind me overtook me instantly and gave me a dirty look which Bee saw and I didn't. "Dude! He's so pissed off with you!' She laughed. Ask me if I care. She says 'Dude' and 'Mate' a lot. In her defense she is twelve years younger than me.

Dinner was at the newly opened Mahesh Lunch Home in the company of my husband, Sameera and Rajul. I had never been there so I was looking forward to it. We got a bit lost on our way there but finally we were seated and the conversation flowed easily. I felt warm and loved. It's lucky to have family in the same city considering we live in a foreign country. The restaurant was packed and the food took a while to arrive but my fish was wonderful. I had phirni after a long time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We talked about our first memories as a child. So what is your first memory?

2 comments:

Bee. said...

Yah dude, you're unbelievable behind the wheel. Green flashing is go go go go gooooooo faaassttttt before it turns yellow!

Parul Gahlot said...

I AM unbelievable behind the wheel. A truly great driver. :)