Saturday, January 18, 2014

Warmth

In the Khaled Hosseini book there's a passage where a little girl is delighted when her brother brings her a peacock feather which he acquires by giving away his shoes in return. It was the last thing I read before I fell asleep last night. In the morning I dreamt that I found several peacock feathers just lying there on the road and I was collecting them with the delight similar to the three year old girl. I woke up, went to the living room and saw that there was a dove feather lying in the middle of the room. I picked it up and I couldn't help but smile. Then I took Ninna out for a walk and I saw these abandoned pair of shoes. I think someone must have thrown them from their window judging by the way they were lying there and I was reminded of the little boy who gave away his only shoes for his little sister in the book. Strange but sweet coincidences.
Ahana and Sohana are obsessed with minions. There they are watching Despicable me 2 yet again and slurping down noodles. Playing with them is probably one of the greatest pleasures I've ever known. Both of them are so different and delightful in their own way. I smother them with kisses every chance I get and they giggle so sweetly as only little girls can. I hope and pray that they will have joys beyond measure all their lives and wherever they are they will always be loved. God bless my little babies.



I had an upset tummy so Ankita made me some Dal and rice. I must mention how crazy precise she is at cutting veggies. Each piece of onion, tomato and garlic was perfectly cut and fried and the dal smelled so yummy I was drooling. I was so happy as we chatted while the food cooked. I felt warm and loved and so grateful for having friends who have become my family. I don't have many friends to be honest and it is entirely my fault for being such a loner but God blessed me with a few gems who I will treasure all my life. Thank you Ankita, Pushpita, Ahana and Sohana for lighting up my day which would otherwise have been dismal.

2 comments:

ankitasaha@gmail.com said...

You are most welcome!!! It was our pleasure and our girls love you soooo much toooo! It was indeed a lovely evening.....

Parul Gahlot said...

I hope I'm seeing you again today!! Love you guys :)