Monday, January 13, 2014

The Cincinnati Kid


So I decided to keep myself busy and on my feet today as opposed to being right angle with a book on the couch. I must admit I love cleaning my house. I have a maid who wants to leave even before he enters the house. I feel like I'm seeing everything in fast forward when he is around. My cook is even faster and makes horrible food. I'm so sick and tired of it that I've finally come to the decision that I need to start cooking myself everyday. 

So I cleaned all the little nooks and crannies and irritated the fuck out of my maid all afternoon. It was a great pleasure to arrange all the perfumes and moisturisers in descending order of height just the way I like them. Yes I'm a bit obsessive about that but then we all have our thing. 





And then I settled down to watch The Cincinnati Kid starring the one and only Mr. Steve Mcqueen. Oh. My.God how cool is he! It was a great story and I loved that vintage charm, the suits, the blonde sweet girl from the farm, the sharp old poker man, the shoe shining kid, the vamp and the player Mcqueen himself. The ending broke my heart and brought a smile to my face. I loved it when the old man says," You're good kid but as long as I'm around you're only second best." Ah it's like a dagger to the heart. Yes it's a story about poker, about professional gamblers and yet somehow I felt like it was a love story at heart.
                                                    
I started watching The Magnificent Seven but then I got busy cooking so only saw half the film. I'll watch the rest of it tomorrow.

I made Rajma Chawal and I'm very proud to say that it was a yummy meal. I'm not ready to admit that I enjoy cooking but I do love eating a good home cooked meal so it looks like I'm gonna have to suck it up and start experimenting with food.


2 comments:

Bee. said...

O-M-G. You're finally cooking. *Breaking coconut*

Parul Gahlot said...

Oh thank you so much *eating coconut*.