Sunday, January 05, 2014

Oh what a klutz!

So I went to Dragon Mart with Sameera today. It was so much fun as we walked around chomping on popcorn and walking in and out of shops. There were some very interesting and some quite weird shops. There was a shop with the most bling I've ever seen in one place. It was filled with arabesque gowns laden with sequins and I just couldn't look away for a while. I wonder who wears these things. Another shop was selling bizarre lingerie, ok not all of it was bizarre but the red and white satin, frilly French Maid costume was bordering on idiotic. I wondered again who wears these things.


I bought a few cotton dresses that are really quite lovely and I can't wait to wear them even though they're more suited to summer. I bought this lovely bedspread and the moment I got home I laid it out on the bed. I was worried the measurements wouldn't be right. I can never remember the measurements of my bed or curtains or anything else for that matter. But fortunately it fit perfectly. I lit a candle and sat down to read. I put a tray on the bed and my favourite blue mug with chai sat prettily on it. And then I got up to get something and swoosh the whole mug toppled over and naturally I yelped,"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I rinsed it and stuck it in the machine and now my lovely bedspread is rolling in detergent. Poor Ninna got so scared because I shoved her off the bed. She ran away, peed a little bit and sat trembling in her bed. I picked her up and showered her with kisses saying,"It's not your fault my baby. Your mother is a klutz." I think she understood because she licked me right back.

No comments: