Friday, January 03, 2014

And we roll along

Ninna almost never leaves my side and her bed is usually unoccupied until the winter sun beckons her and she cannot resist. Sometimes she rests her little face on the window and sleeps like an angel till such time that she can smell someone eating and then the transformation to shameless beggar is instant.

It was such a beautiful morning and I woke up with a song on my lips. I sang loudly standing at the window caring very little about how terribly it might have affected the neighbours. I have a very clear policy in life- whenever possible sing. It really seems to work and has made me a very happy person.






And here's another car selfie in my aviators. We drove to Abu Dhabi to watch a cricket test match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Anshuman's friend Gaurav from Delhi was covering the event and I got to see the control room with all the big and little screens. We were sitting right up at the top in an empty commentator's box and it was a lovely view. It was the perfect day to be out so we went to the upper pavilion and sat watching the match for a while.








Angelo Matthews was playing and we did see him make 87 I think. There were quite a few supporters for both sides yelling every now and then. I saw Waqar Younis who seemed a bit surprised to see a woman in the area reserved for the media. I also saw Mohammad Irfan who is extremely tall. I would have liked to see Sangakkara but unfortunately I didn't. There will be another test match soon and I hope to see him play then.

Can you believe the fact that the picture of me above was taken just a few hours before this one was?

Please don't worry. I'm neither crying nor sad. I just love experimenting with expressions. I think I succeeded with this one. This has to be one of my favourite selfies of all time. And with that I bid you Goodnight. 

3 comments:

Sunil Deepak said...

You can play Meena Kumari in her biopic! :)

Parul Gahlot said...

Hahahaha! Total tragedy queen!

Parul Gahlot said...

That's so sweet Shahina Ma'am. Please don't be worried. I'm doing good :)