Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 kicks in

Well 2013 comes to an end and the beginning of the new year certainly deserves a post so here I am typing away again after a hiatus of two weeks.  So how has 2013 been? It's been a bit of a roller coaster especially towards the end but nothing I couldn't have handled. I think the universe throws you challenges it knows you have the strength and skill to negotiate. We spent the New Year's eve at CK's place and that's me in the parking lot perched side saddle on his Harley. What a beautiful machine. I hope this new year will see me riding one and I'll wear pants of course.



Over the years the Dubai winter has gotten colder much to the delight of us residents. So once in a year I can dress up as a New Yorker, put on a pair of stockings and my big black coat. I loved the fireworks on Burj Khalifa. The whole atmosphere was joyous, roads were choc a block with cars waiting to glimpse the show. All of us stood in the balcony and screamed happy new year! as people from surrounding houses yelled back. It was absolutely perfect!

I spent most of the night talking to Shubhankar about his school. The young man is in 9th grade and a delight to spend time with. He showed me how to play Call of Duty on the PS3 and we had great fun killing each other. I'm seriously thinking of taking up gaming.




I met Shadow after a long time. The last time I saw him he was a little puppy and he's grown into a strapping young gorgeous Lab. CK had to restrain him with his collar the moment we walked in as he was ready to shower all his love all at the same time. I played with him a lot and he put his beautiful face in my lap to be petted. I think I fell in love a little bit.

Yes this year couldn't have started any better and my only resolution is to keep writing regularly. It's what I love, truly love.

So here's wishing you all a glorious 2014! May there be love and light in your lives all year long!

No comments: