Monday, November 18, 2013

PARUL A Love Story

Another day of waking up at noon and languishing in a blanket all afternoon was just so so nice. My sister and I had a lovely day out at Khan Market. There used to be this restaurant called Chonas at the corner which is still there but now it's a restaurant and bar. I remember meeting friends there as a teenager. It looked much too low lit and depressing now for me to go in for old times' sake.

When I come to Delhi I go nuts browsing and buying all the lovely Indian brands. Anokhi has to be one of my absolute favourites. I love their skirts and this time I found a beautiful cotton dress too. Fabindia is alright I guess. The quality of their clothes has gone down. The choices are few and the prints rather uninteresting and yet I managed to find two nice kurtas. As my husband reads this account his head is in his hands I'm sure. And also I absolutely love Forest Essentials products. I must thank Supriya Varma for introducing me to them.




Of course no shopping trip is complete without going into book stores. I love the smell of books. The stacks and stacks of words just waiting to be read. My sister suddenly laughed and said at a book shop,"Didi your book is here!" And I looked and there it was a book called PARUL A Love Story by Harsha V. Dehejia. I was tickled pink and I had to buy it of course. I did read the first two pages. It's about a Gujarati girl who is very proud of her Gujju heritage. A married man with a son falls in love with her. That's as far as I got. I might actually read this book!

There was a skincare brand shop whose name I can't remember. There was a skeleton in a white coat standing outside it so I took a picture of it and put it up here. My sister had been hankering for Chinese so we went to this nice place called Chinese Wok. It's a lovely restaurant. It was getting rather late so we got the food packed and I introduced my sister to the yummy virgin Pinacolada. She loved it! The wonderful joys of being with family simply cannot be described.


2 comments:

Bee. said...

aww :) All warm and fuzzy!
Wasn't on my desk when you messaged on chat. Saw it later. Hope you're doing well, and when are you back?

Parul Gahlot said...

Hey I'm good. Back on 29th :)