Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Flurry

So suddenly there was a flurry of activity today and I didn't get around to updating my blog. Ankita came back from the US armed with a citizenship. It was so good to see her after such a long time. I went to her place, had chole chawal for lunch and had a leisurely cup of chai. It's so wonderful to have a close friend that I can completely connect with. Everyone deserves that one friend with whom they can be completely natural. Your 3 AM friend that you call simply because you're feeling like an owl and sleep is far away.

I was talking about tarot in one of my earlier posts. I have been hesitant in actually picking up a deck and doing a reading. Ankita wanted a reading and again I was hesitant wondering if I would be able to just get back to interpreting the beautiful images in just one moment after a hiatus of three years. I made an excuse and told her that the deck I normally use is missing a card. She looked at my living room table which houses about twelve different decks. I collect tarot decks. I find their imagery and meanings fascinating. Anyway she pointed towards them and I finally gave in and did a reading with the traditional Rider Waite deck.

It has been a while since I did a reading and I almost got the celtic cross ( a formation in which the cards are laid out for the purpose of reading) wrong but then I managed to put the cards in place. As I turned them over one by one the familiar images made it easy for me to do a reading. It was a good reading and I'm so glad I did it. So thanks Ankita for pushing me! I loved doing the reading for you!

No comments: