Monday, October 28, 2013

Dusting cards and crystals

So there's always that one corner of the house that you constantly forget to dust. To be very honest I forget to dust many corners but none more so than my tarot table. I used to always wonder why my mother would yell at the maid because she wouldn't pick up the little things on the tables and dust properly. I'm not really the yelling or the supervising type, I just do it myelf. I figure it saves me a lot of energy I would have spent following the maid around and yelling. But like I said there's always that one corner which seems to collect layers of dust despite your best intentions. Every time I would come back from work and look at the table and think about picking up each little crystal and candle and washing and dusting it I would put it away for another day. Although I think the deeper reason was that I didn't want to accept the fact that I had completely given up on something that gave me so much joy for so many years. So Tarot continued to gather dust.

My tarot table has a lot of crystals and candles. The crystals have little stands and have to be handled carefully so no one is allowed to touch them aside from me. Today I finally got around to dusting my little table. I lovingly put each crystal under the flow of water. It is important to wash crystals and preferably put them under sunlight so they would get 'charged'. They send out a lot of positive energy. I used to wash them religiously when I was doing Tarot on a regular basis but I haven't done that for almost three years now ever since I got myself a full time job. Well the full time job has now come to an end and I have some free time on my hands hence my attention turned to my cards and all the candles I hadn't lit in a while. The Robin Wood deck that I had been using for many years used to have the usual 78 cards but unfortunately I somehow lost the Knight of Wands so I can't use that deck anymore. It is not really possible to find the Robin Wood deck easily in Dubai or even in India so I might have to order it online. I think I will do that tomorrow. I would like very much to get in touch with tarot again. So if you'd like a reading you know who to call! 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember you doing tarot reading - loving your blog. Miss you. Priya

Parul Gahlot said...

Heyy Thanks Priya! So good to hear from you! I haven't seen you for eons... Miss you too!

Bhawna said...

You into tarot? Wow! I gotta get a reading done not because I want to know what my future holds but to see how good you are at shuffling cards( with the diwali season on and all) :)

Kidding aside, have you left the job? This post if full of shocks for a regular reader.

Parul Gahlot said...

Yes I've been doing tarot for a very long time Bhawna and yes I've left the job. I'm enjoying the small pleasures of life at home these days :) Would love to do a reading for you. Just let me get my deck and I'll get right back to it!!

Bhawna said...

Ah, so that's the reason you hinted that the posts will be infrequent? The only reason you should quit blogging is if you don't feel inspired anymore. To set the record straight, It doesn't matter to me( and many others, I guess) if you are working or not. Please..please..please keep writing!!

Parul Gahlot said...

I SHALL not quit blogging!! I love my readers too much plus I love writing too much :)