Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The ladies and gentlemen of Facebook

I have almost 500 friends on Facebook. Now Facebook friends aren't really your friends, everyone knows that. I've been on Facebook for the longest time and I do admit not a day goes by when I don't check my timeline. The question is do I really want to or is it just a habit? I would go with habit. I was rather inactive on Facebook for a while and then got back to it a couple of months back mostly due to work reasons. Honestly I've wanted to delete the account many times but stayed on mostly because I need to be on it for work.

There are many things that annoy me to no end about Facebook. The top of the list are people who post things that highlight how intelligent, informed and concerned about the state of the world they are. And of course the state of the world is really pathetic and we all should die of the sheer shame of what we've done. And these people  have like minded windbag friends who like and comment on each and everything they post and not just one comment but a series of comments and liking the comments which highlight how informed, intelligent, concerned and erudite they really are. Now to me this sounds like this- whine whine crib crib blah blah blah. The point being that you can discuss, debate and basically crib about the issues that plague your country and the world at large ad nauseum but it's all pointless unless you can do something about it. I've developed an intense dislike for people who have nothing better to do than get on Facebook and say sarcastic things which appear to make their superior intellect shine. To me these are essentially unhappy people and their unhappiness is what comes through the thousands of posts that I've seen come from them. If I could I would like to say to them- Shut the fuck up and go out and do something to change the world and if you really want to change the world so badly first and foremost change yourself. Try to see the positive things that are happening around you. When you see something wrong happening around you- stand up and do something about it.

The second set of people are the ones who keep asking for life on Candycrush or some such shit game. Dudes get a life- a real one! I don't think I've ever written such an angry post on my blog. It had to take years of Facebook stupidity to get me to vent in this manner but now that I have I feel much better. I don't want to end on a negative note though. I don't enjoy being pissed off, no one does I suppose. The good thing about Facebook s that I was able to get in touch with some really old friends who I thought I would never find again. I'll always be thankful  for that.

And on that note I shall end this post. Later...


No comments: