Monday, April 01, 2013

5, Old Lane

I spent a few months in a basement when I got kicked out of the flat I was staying in because the landlady's brother wanted to move into the flat. The basement was the only accomodation available. I spent my last days at NID in this basement. the hot plate was there in the middle of the two rooms one of which was inhabited by me. That's biswajit Hajra, Sonal, Swasti and Vandana one night. the great thing about this basement was the fact that you could never tell if it was day or night or morning or evening resultantly I slept a lot.

The walls had paint that was cracking and falling. I used to sleep on three mattresses stacked up on the floor. It was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on and resultantly I slept a lot.








Smiling and content having just woken up. Did I say that I slept a lot?










That's Ranjit's twelve string guitar. The poor guy tried to teach me and I learnt very very little. I had all the passion but none of the persistence. You need both if you're going to be successful at anything pretty much.













And that's the end of posts today!

No comments: