Thursday, February 14, 2013

This Valentine's thing

So I find it very hard to get excited about a day which is apparently a day of expressing love. I think one should express love each day. May be I'm being cynical but I think Valentine's day is really for teens and other such young people who want an excuse to approach whoever they have a crush on. The flower companies are blooming and teddy bears are in big demand. Some of the schools in Dubai will remain closed and some others will close early on account of what happened last year. There were instances of kids smooching around the campus. Kids are kids and when they'e in love they will kiss so if not in school then some place else. What's the point of closing the school, I don't understand. Anyway good luck to you if you've got big plans for your significant other.

Normally I would never do anything special for the day but yesterday I thought why not and actually called the flower company and they told me they're all booked up. Well I think I'm not supposed to believe in this soppy little day. I don't think you need a special day to tell someone that you love them. On the other hand I must admit that I have been hounding Anshuman to get me a valentine's present. I've even threatened that I will not allow him to enter the house if he doesn't buy me something. It's not that I really want the present. It's just that he resists the day with every fiber of his being. He gets annoyed and refuses to budge. He said he will keep standing outside the door and ring the bell constantly if I don't let him in. The dog will bark herself hoarse and I will have to open the door. Minus the present of course. I love annoying my husband. That doesn't sound like a good thing but it is. I can't quite explain it. Ok I'm done being bitchy and to all you wonderful friends and family- I love you!

No comments: