Friday, February 15, 2013

Bat outta hell

So this song started playing in the car as we were driving to meet Anshuman's cousin for tea. He turned up the volume saying the song reminded him of me. I began listening to it very carefully and the first words that I understood were "Like a bat outta hell I'll be gone when the morning comes". I looked at my husband with are-you-fucking-kidding-me eyes and he quickly said ,"No no the part that reminds me of you comes later." So I listened on.

And then there were some more unintelligible lyrics after which my husband sang on top of his voice," Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven I'll come on crawling back to you." I burst out laughing so loud a tear escaped on to my cheek. He's so adorably funny my wonderful husband.

Here's the song and the lyrics. Enjoy



The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling
Way down in the valley tonight
There's a man in the shadows with a gun in his eye
And a blade shining oh so bright
There's evil in the air and there's thunder in the sky
And a killer's on the bloodshot streets
Oh and down in the tunnel where the deadly are rising
Oh I swear I saw a young boy
Down in the gutter
He was starting to foam in the heat

Oh Baby, you're the only thing in this whole world
That's pure and good and right
And wherever you are and wherever you go
There's always gonna be some light
But I gotta get out
I gotta break it out now
Before the final crack of dawn
So we gotta make the most of our one night together
When it's over you know
We'll both be so alone

Like a bat out of hell
I'll be gone when the morning comes
When the night is over
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone gone gone
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes
But when the day is done
And the sun goes down
And moonlight's shining through
Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven
I'll come crawling on back to you


No comments: