Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Arora Unsafe

My friend Akshay is a passionate artist. His day job is that of accounting but his soul remains staunchly that of an artist. His home is an art gallery in itself. Every inch of the wall space in his home is covered in paintings with vivid colours and visual themes that delight the eye. He recently launched his website www.aroraunsafe.com, I had a bit of time today and landed at his web address. The one painting which spoke directly to my heart was this one simply called 'Joy'. Every time I look at it I feel like smiling. I think Akshay totally succeeded in what he set out to say through the colours of this painting. There is a sense of serenity in the white flower while the red one seems to be reaching out through the canvas almost as if it would hold your hand and the yellow ones are undulating with pure joy. I love the sense of movement in the piece. The dark center of the flowers which holds each one together. Yes the painting communicates the sense of joy that life can be. I love it and will try to procure it soon.


2 comments:

UknowMe said...

LOVELY. He's a fantastic artist. Accounting? Seriously?

Parul Gahlot said...

Haha yes accounting :) and yes he's very talented!