Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Song to the siren

It's a very unlikely song by Sinead O' Connor. Even the'love songs' she chooses to sing nearly always see someone dying. This is an unlikely song because it has such a soft texture. I do love it but still I sometimes wish she would scream at the end of it like she usually does. Or may be not. I'm undecided. Tell me what you think...



Song to the siren - Sinead O' Connor


On the floating shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile
'Til your singing eyes and fingers
Drew me loving to your isle
And you sang
Sail to me, sail to me
Let me enfold you
Here I am, here I am, waiting to hold you
Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you here when I was full sail?
Now my foolish boat is leaning
Broken love lost on your rocks,
For you sing
Touch me not, touch me not,
Come back tomorrow
O my heart, O my heart shies from the sorrow
I am as puzzled as the newborn child
I am as riddled as the tide:
Should I stand amid the breakers
or should I lie with Death my bride?
Hear me sing,
Swim to me, swim to me, let me enfold you
Here I am, here I am, waiting to hold you.


No comments: