Thursday, October 04, 2012

Winter

Winter is my favourite season and it has a distinct smell. These days I can smell it every evening when I get home and settle down with a cup of tea. Ninna comes and curls up next to me and it is utter bliss. At the same time when the season changes it takes me a while to get used to it. Winter always reminds me of Delhi. As a kid I would be playing out in the sun till evening came and my mother would call me in from the park. I love being bundled up in blankets sipping on endless cups of ginger tea and watching my favourite movies. All cozy and comfortable. Dussehra and Diwali. Doing puja together as a family. My parents singing the aarti. Bursting crackers with my father. I miss it like most Indians who live abroad. Winter makes me want to hug my mother as she is invariably busy in the kitchen. So many things. Winter makes me so happy and then makes me so sad. I love it.

No comments: