Sunday, July 01, 2012

Cheese sandwich and Zatar Croissant

with a cup of coffee and I'm wide awake trying to edit a book. I had ordered a book and I forgot about it. It came today. It's called Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking by Susan Cain. I usually never go to the extent of ordering a book online but this one I really wanted to read. I just finished a few pages and it's really interesting to see how the society favours the extroverted while being an introvert seems to be come a problem and in some cases a stigma. I saw a video of this woman talking about the book and I knew I had to read it because I could relate to so many things that she said. And now as I read the book it's helpful in understanding a few things about myself. As Jung, the renowned psychologist said of the two personality types,"No one is a complete extrovert or introvert. If such a person existed they would be in a mental asylum" So there are degrees of the two in everyone and one should nurture the qualities that one finds most enriching to them. I don't know if I'm making sense. You have to read the book. Here's the video that inspired me to read the book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4

1 comment:

UknowMe said...

I agree with the 'introverts are powerful' concept, but what is distracting is your title for this post. Its making me hungry.