Thursday, June 07, 2012

'till the end of time

Just wanted to write something about this song and the video. Yeah I'm still talking about Lana Del Rey's 'Blue Jeans'. Of course I love the music and especially her voice. The texture of her sound has a finality and sensuality that appeals to something almost archetypal in nature. The very basic. The video plays it's part well. The woman looks at the man undress and there's a quiet knowledge of the fact that the sheer force of love will lead her to death.

An aching for love becomes an aching to be consumed completely as the aligators in the swimming pool threaten while she swims quietly amidst them. There is no fear up until the end when the man submerges her under water. There's a beauty to when he holds her dead in his arms as the song sings 'I will love you 'til the end of time, promise you'll remember that you're mine'.


1 comment:

soulitude said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm :) Too morbid for my taste. I shud hear her voice though. I have a feeling that U had sent me a link of one of her songs.