Saturday, August 28, 2010

Romancing Knopfler

I have to admit I am in love with him. My favourite album is On Every Street and my favourite song is On Every Street. For a long time I didn't pay attention to the words and believed that it was a love song but strangely it's not at all. It's probably a cop looking for an absconding perpetrator. Wierd huh! But I swear when I hear the words-' And it's your face I'm looking for on every street' I'm convinced the cop is a man in love with the woman thief and is looking for her as much out of love as duty.
Ninna just farted. She has an upset stomach so it was particularly deadly.
Actually it's very difficult to say which song of Knpfler I love the most. Brothers in arms used to make me well up and I heard it over and over and over again till every note and intonation and the sensuality of Knopfler's voice was etched in my memory. I want to see him in concert. I pray that he has along life and his music lives on even longer!

2 comments:

Shilpa said...

Hmmmmmmmm, nice ... maaaf karna but iv never heard Knopfler......

Vineet said...

Nice posts Keep it up!!

--vineet