Monday, December 15, 2008

Being Boss

So there was something called IPC today in office which basically means Internal Review. I still don't know what IPC stands for. then there is GPC which stands Global Something Something review which someone other than the agency does. So each ad is rated on a scale of one to ten. The boss of my boss made a presentation to his big bosses and they made judgement never moving beyond 5 to 7 points. The feedback though directed at the whole team is mostly taken by one lone wolf- the boss. One might think that its cushy to be boss, telling people what to do but I understood that the boss has to take the hits for his team just as much as the applause and sometimes at a public forum.
There was a long presentation of ads from various branches of the company and it was an excellent mix of learning and fun. It's amazing how much fun advertising can be and the keen insight you need into human behaviour to be effective at it. It's sad that I discovered advertising at such a late age. I'm glad I'm here now though. And I love it. So here's to my Boss's Boss- You were graceful at all times!

No comments: