Thursday, May 17, 2007

Procrastination


I just wanna tell you what I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around
and desert you

Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say Goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie
and hurt you

AND the award for the most unimaginative lyrics goes to Rick Astley for Never gonna give you up!!

So I have to finish some little work but I am not doing it. I don't want to do it. I want to write" I don't feel like doing it" on the word file and send it to the client. I wonder what she will have to say...may be something like " I don't think this is working out. We could still see each other socially but we must never mention the breakdown of our professional relationship in any capacity to anyone. You may call when bored but only after 6:30 pm' ( I do that. I call her when bored with some inane detail and make her talk to me unnecesserily. I insist she call me everytime she sends mail. I call her when I send her mail as well. Altogether it has been a very healthy relationship.)

Today I am in no mood to work or did I already say that. I have actually sent a forwarded mail to everyone on my add list. It shows a Lion hugging a man and nearly giving him a sloppy wet kiss. I like the email so I sent it to everyone I know. I don't like forwarded mail very much except on days like this when I want to do everything else but what I'm supposed to do.

So I made tea. Then I drank it. Then I checked my gmail. Then I started feeling guilty so I opened two word files and let them sit in a state of readiness to be worked on. Then I called Anshuman and insisted he call me " My pomfret" I have asked him to refer to me as a Pomfret from now on. Don't ask me why.

I put on the radio and they were playing that Rick Astley song. 99.3 Radio 2 is a beautiful radio station. It plays all classic hits. Annie Lennox is singing Why right now. I remember the video which makes her look like a vampire doing her make up.


That suddenly reminded me of that lovely song by A-HA Take on me. I loved the animation. The way the cute girl goes inside the comic book. I found the above picture on wikipedia...talk about nostalgia!

I am chatting with a friend who has totally complicated his life. I end up being agony aunty for many of my friends. He can't seem to decide if he should marry the girl he loves. I thought you were supposed to marry someone you love. There are problems and then there are created problems.

Ah! Dancing in the dark playing now. I so want to be Courtney Cox and be called on stage to dance with Bruce Springsteen.( where your mind will go when listening to a song!!) Whenever I listen to 'I'm ready' by Bryan Adams I remember dancing by myself in my basement room at NID. It sounds very Ally Mcbeal now but it was much before the neurotic heroine made an appearance on tv.

I really should finish work. Ah BTW I am going to shoot something after a long time day after tomorrow. Am making a short film based on my poems. I have no money to pay an editor. Have borrowed a friend's camera.
Best things in life are free. Are you willing to edit for love?

3 comments:

anshuman kishore said...

my pomfret
she writes

Mukul said...

nice post :)

Anonymous said...

Annie Lennox was born in Aberdeen,Scotland on December 25, 1954. Annie began playing music as child, learning how to play both the piano and flute.Annie's musical interest was evident to her parent from the time she was three years old...read more